Posted: 06 Feb 2011 03:03 AM PST
Since some hours ago simple jailbreak software is available for both Windows and Mac computers. It is called greenpois0n 1.0 RC5. For newcomers: After using this software once, you can gain access to your iOS 4.2.1 device. It allows you to install software coming from other places than Apple App Store. After the jailbreak, you will have an App called Cydia. From Cydia you can install apps like the App Store. - Update - For example, to install a Windows Phone 7 theme on your iPhone - More info HERE Q: What iDevices are supported?
A: Supported iDevices with greenpois0n 1.0 RC5
- iPod Touch 2G (all bootroms)
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPad 1G
- iPhone 3Gs (all bootroms)
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4 Verizon (_not_tested_)
- ___AppleTV 2___ (support will be added in RC6)
greenpois0n will Jailbreak your iDevice.
Q: What do I need to do the jailbreak? A: A supported device (see above) running iOS 4.2.1
Please check on the device in the Settings General About page. If your device is running an older version, please upgrade iOS first using iTunes.
*** If you want to SIM Unlock, preserve your baseband using TinyUmbrella ***
- at least MacOSX 10.5 (OSX in a VM won't work) - OR for Windows - at least Windows XP
- a working internet connection
Notes (checks this also !)
- if your device is jailbroken with iPhone Dev Team's Monte, please restore to fresh 4.2.1. first
- if Cydia doesn't show up after Loader, you may need to reboot the device
- this version of greenpois0n doesn't include a patched activation system. You'll need to activate your device using iTunes
Q: How to do it? A: download your copy via greenpois0n.com and check the REAME file for the exact instructions. The content should look like this:
1. plug the device to your computer using the USB cable
2. quit iTunes if it shows up
3. start greenpois0n.app
4. follow instructions
5. the device will boot a 1st time with verbose text on screen. This operation will install the jailbreak on the device.
6. the device will reboot normally
7. start the Loader application (green icon on the SpringBoard), and follow instructions to install Cydia
In case of troubles
1. try to start greenpois0n from a terminal : sudo .//Contents/MacOS/greenpois0n
It'll give you more informations on the reason of the problem
2. check if somebody had the same issue : http://jailbreakqa.com/
3. join us on IRC : irc.chronic-dev.org #greenpois0n
Update Extra TIP: There are many videos on youtube demonstrating the instructions. For example THIS video by TyPhonehelp.com starting at 1.25 min and shows the timing of pressing the power and home button to get into DFW mode.
|You are subscribed to email updates from iPhone iPad TIPS and TRICKS |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|